Saturdays June 3-24 2017 and Everyday June 26 – July 1 2017
The Ciclismo Youth Foundation summer program is a community-based junior cycling program for youth ages in Middles School and High School to develop bike maintenance, riding and racing skills. The program will allow each rider the chance to grow as an athlete and as an individual in a positive atmosphere. The CYF Summer Program will begin with introductions and bike maintenance, and then focus on bike handling techniques and skills. The program is capped at 50 riders.
This summer we will start out with once a week practices on all four Saturdays during June, then wrap up the month with a week-long daily ride series, ending with a celebration ride day on Saturday, July 1. This format will allow riders to also participate in one of the three awesome Curt Gowdy summer camps offered during June if they want a big riding month!
If you’re interested in one of the Curt Gowdy camps check out their offerings below.
Note registration opens for the skills camp will be Friday February 17, the girls camp Friday February 24 and the race camp Friday March 3.
Parent and rider informational meeting the evening of June 1, location TBD.
- Saturdays June 3, 10, 17 and 24: Practice 9-12 meeting at trailheads TBD.
- Monday June 26 – Friday June 30 daily: Practice 4:30-6 meeting at Cottonwood Park.
- Saturday July 1: Practice 9-12 Celebration ride and BBQ at Curt Gowdy State Park Aspen Grove Trailhead.
- Teach skills to enjoy both competitive and recreational cycling.
- Develop each athlete in ALL aspects of cycling.
- Utilize “Double-Goal Coaching” during all practices and races to develop life skills as well as cycling skills.
- Introduce racing to those new to cycling.
- Build and enhance racing skills of riders of all abilities and experience.
- Create an atmosphere where athletes work together as a team for every rider’s success.
- Cost is $250.00 per rider if registered by May 15
- $270 per rider if registered by May 22
- $310 if registered by June 1
- This cost covers all coaching, practice support, and team T-shirt.
- The program is capped at 50 riders.
- Registration DEADLINE is June 1st!
- To register: http://app.lap.io/
- Please contact events@
ciclismoyouthfoundation.org for more information.
Curt Gowdy Training Camps:
In addition to the CYF Summer Mountain Bike Skills Program we invite you to check out other training camps being held at Curt Gowdy State Park near Cheyenne WY. Info on those camps can be found here: http://laramieenduro.org/youth.php
- Stone Temple MTB Camp (Waitlist signup Feb 3rd through Feb 28th) https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SBYBJQY
- Granite Ridge MTB Camp (Registration opens 6 PM on Friday, February 24, 2017) https://www.eventbrite.com/e/granite-ridge-mountain-bike-camp-2017-registration-31390072552
- Ciclismo MTB Race Camp (Registration opens 6 PM on Friday, March 3, 2017) https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ciclismo-mountain-bike-race-camp-2017-registration-31697250329
Updated 02/07/2017 dp