The 2017 Lory Mountain Bike Challenge has been cancelled.
Presented by: The Ciclismo Youth Foundation
a local 501 (c)(3) foundation getting kids on bikes in Fort Collins The Ciclismo Youth Foundation welcomes you and your family to join us for a local Tuesday night racing tradition at Lory State Park. We have categories for ALL ages and abilities. All kids 0 to 18 years of age race for FREE! Adults are only $15! Kids and juniors use discount code: lory2017 at checkout. General Information For 2017 the Lory Mountain Challenge Races will take place on Tuesdays August 22nd, and 29th. Every racer must register online (links below). Your registration covers your park permit. The cost is $15.00 for adults and is free for juniors. Kids and juniors use discount code: lory2017 Registration: (Registration LINK COMING)
Race 1: August 22nd
Race 2: August 29th Race Day Rules 1. Be extraordinarily polite to other trail users. If you come across non-racers, you still need to follow the standard rules of the trail. Since you are on a bike, that means you yield to everyone else.
2. Be nice when passing! If you are being passed by someone in another category, pull off and let them by as soon as it is practical to do so. If you are passing someone from another category, ask nicely to go by, and patiently wait for a good opportunity to go around. When passing or being passed by someone in your category, the lead rider does not need to yield to the passing rider, however, may not block someone either. Just be nice. It’s Tuesday night, not the World Cup.
4. It is your responsibility to know how many laps and what course you should be racing.
5. Tell the timers if you don’t finish the race. Otherwise, please stay clear of the timing area. We will post results as soon as we can.
7. Don’t litter.
8. Racers must wear a cycling helmet. That should be obvious, but there’s always “that guy”.
9. Common sense applies in all other cases. Check-in:
You must check in before each race. Swing by registration to pick up your bib & timing chip. Return timing chip immediately following your race. Failure to do so will result in a $30 inconvenience fee. Race Times, Categories and Courses Courses for Open, Expert, Single Speed and Intermediate have changed. PLEASE know the course you are racing. There will not be course marshals telling you which trail to take. It is YOUR responsibility to know how many laps and what course you should be racing. If you do not finish, PLEASE tell a finish line volunteer so we can account for you. 4:30 Event Opens
5:45 Junior 1 — Lory Park road > Eltuck Bay Group Picinic Area > East Valley > Finish
5:47 Beginners & Juniors 2 — West Valley > South Valley Loop (past Arthur’s Rock to the Horsetooth border) > East Valley > Finish
6:00 Kids 0 – 8 / Juniors 3 — Bike Corral
6:15 Open — West Valley > South Valley > Mill Creek Link > Howard > Timber > West Valley > South Valley Loop > East Valley > Finish
6:16 Expert — West Valley > Kimmons > Timber > West Valley > Kimmons > Timber > West Valley > South Valley Loop > East Valley > Finish
6:16 SS — Same as Expert
6:17 Intermediate — West Valley > Kimmons > Timber > West Valley > South Valley Loop > East Valley > Finish Results
Weekly results can be found here:
Updated 07/01/2017 dp